1. Listings that do not have full details of their trade entered will be deleted, try entering more than one word. If you would just like to look around first, you can browse listings as a visitor.
2. If you are open for any trade, you must give visitors and members a few suggestions of what you are looking for. Would you like five pairs of knitted mittens for your website design services? Maybe, but in case you don't...please give people a rough idea.
3. Do not attempt to post an item for sale, place a business ad or job listing in the "Post Your Trade". Our free service is for people who want to barter. If you wish to place an advertisement on u-exchange, please read our Advertising page.
4. All trade offers must be responded to! A simple "No Thank You" only takes two seconds. Members that do not respond to trade offers will have their membership revoked.
5. No dead offers. During your membership, we ask that you contact people regarding a trade. If you wait around for others to contact you without ever making an effort, you can't blame us if you're not successful. That's why we call it "U" Exchange.
6. If you have completed your trade and do not wish to be contacted anymore, it is your responsibility to mark your listing red. This can be done on your member homepage under "My Profile".
7. Trading of firearms, tabacco, drugs and alcohol is not permitted, as well as listings containing links to adult sites or affiliate ads.
8. You may not disclose or share your password to any third parties or use your password for any unauthorized purpose.
9. User names or listings containing any type of profanity will not be accepted, keep it family friendly!
10. Contacting a member of www.U-Exchange.com must be made with an offer pertaining to the individual's trade and must be made on a personal level. Anyone sending commercial letters to members that does not relate to their particular trade, will be blocked or have their membership revoked. Please read our Spam Patrol, we look out for each other.
11. Cash for goods is not called bartering, it's called selling. If a reciprocal barter is not of equal value however, you can have the difference paid in cash.
12. If you are business bartering for services and/or goods, it is your responsibility to claim your transactions on your taxes according to your government's laws and regulations.
13. The acceptance of a competitor's listing will be reviewed and is at the discretion of www.U-Exchange.com
14 www.U-Exchange.com reserves the right to revoke any membership at anytime for reasons seen fit.
15. We do not compensate nor are we responsible for an unsuccessful trade. If you're not satisfied with our service, we'll refund your money. Oops, we forgot...it's free!
16. By posting photos you agree that U-Exchange may use your listing and/or photo as an example, editor's pick or featured listing. You also acknowledge that you own the rights to the photos that you post.
17. www.U-Exchange.com services are available only to persons who can form legally binding contracts under applicable law. Without limiting the foregoing, our services are not available to individuals under the age of 19, or age of majority in your jurisdiction of residence. If you do not qualify, please refrain from using our services.
18. Council House/Permanent Home Swap fees and Vehicle Trades are non-refundable.
See, that wasn't so bad now was it? Good Luck!